Date:      Sun, 15 Mar 2015 23:02:40 -0700
From:      Russell Haley <russ.haley@gmail.com>
To:        Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Building Cross Compiler and u-boot

Thanks Johny Mattsson, that's what I needed!

root@Jailbird:/usr/uboot# gmake SED=gsed HOSTCC=arm-none-eabi-gcc
CROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-eabi-   ccwmx53js_config
Configuring a wireless module
Configuring for ccwmx53 board...
root@Jailbird:/usr/uboot#

However:
root@Jailbird:/usr/uboot# gmake SED=gsed HOSTCC=arm-none-eabi-gcc
CROSS_COMPILE=arm-none-eabi-
for dir in tools examples/standalone examples/api ; do gmake -C $dir
_depend ; done
gmake[1]: Entering directory '/usr/uboot/tools'
gmake[1]: Nothing to be done for '_depend'.
gmake[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/uboot/tools'
gmake[1]: Entering directory '/usr/uboot/examples/standalone'
gmake[1]: Nothing to be done for '_depend'.
gmake[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/uboot/examples/standalone'
gmake[1]: Entering directory '/usr/uboot/examples/api'
gmake[1]: Nothing to be done for '_depend'.
gmake[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/uboot/examples/api'
gmake -C tools all
gmake[1]: Entering directory '/usr/uboot/tools'
arm-none-eabi-gcc  -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer
-idirafter /usr/uboot/include -idirafter /usr/uboot/include2
-idirafter /usr/uboot/include -I /usr/uboot/libfdt -I /usr/uboot/tools
-DTEXT_BASE=0x77800000 -DUSE_HOSTCC -D__KERNEL_STRICT_NAMES -O   -o
gen_eth_addr.o gen_eth_addr.c -c
gen_eth_addr.c:24:19: fatal error: stdio.h: No such file or directory
 #include <stdio.h>
                   ^
compilation terminated.
/usr/uboot/config.mk:218: recipe for target 'gen_eth_addr.o' failed
gmake[1]: *** [gen_eth_addr.o] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/uboot/tools'
Makefile:402: recipe for target 'tools' failed
gmake: *** [tools] Error 2
root@Jailbird:/usr/uboot#

My source is from here: https://github.com/rpaulo/uboot-ccwmx53-digi