Date:      Thu, 06 Mar 2003 17:43:25 -0800
From:      Glen Mehn <glen@burningman.com>
To:        twig les <twigles@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TCPDump version in base?

twig les wrote:
> Hey all, maybe I'm missing something but I can't seem to find
> the version of tcpdump that I'm running.  After searching the
> massive man page and doing a quick "pkg_info | grep tcpdump" to
> make sure no info was available before posting, I don't know if
> I'm vulnerable.  Does anyone know how to glean the version
> number from tcpdump?

tcpdump -V ?

glen@dogme:~$ tcpdump -V
tcpdump version 3.7.2
libpcap version 0.7
Usage: tcpdump [-adeflnNOpqRStuvxX] [ -c count ] [ -C file_size ]
		[ -F file ] [ -i interface ] [ -r file ] [ -s snaplen ]
		[ -T type ] [ -w file ] [ -E algo:secret ] [ expression]

ho.. hum...
--
Glen Mehn	glen@burningman.com
"if you ever swallow the universe, remember to spit the dragon