Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 1995 09:22:01 +1100 (EST)
From:      Carey Nairn <cp_nairn@cc.utas.edu.au>
To:        Ola Persson <smurfen@ludd.luth.se>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cdrom on wdc1

On Sun, 12 Nov 1995, Ola Persson wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I have FreeBSD 2.1.0 and I am trying to use my IDE cdrom on a secondary
> controller card. I am no FreeBSD-wizard, but I know of some people at my
> University that knows a great deal, but they can't help me.
>
> It just says: wdc1 not found

I had the same problem with the previous snapshot and found that I could
get around it by putting the CDROM drive on a controller that already
had a disk attached.  So my setup is disk0 and CD on controller 0
(wdc0) and my second hard disk is on controller 1 (wdc1)

I thought that this had been fixed with the latest snapshot though...

> By the way, it says it founds my SB 16 card, but I can't get any sound
> out of it.... isn't it cp file.au > /dev/audio ?

with my sb16 I found that I had to remake all the snd devices in /dev to
get it working.  (most weren't there).  From memory I think it was

# sh MAKEDEV snd0

to make all the necessary devices.
Also as has already been pointed out, use cat file.au > /dev/audio.

> Thanks in advance,

> I You have been harassed by:       I Ola Persson - smurfen@ludd.luth.se I
> I http://www.ludd.luth.se/~smurfen I Porsogarden 8:81                   I
> I 'A black hole is where           I SWEDEN                             I
> I  God devided by zero.'           I Tel. +46 (0)920-151 21             I

Carey Nairn                     ! email : Carey.Nairn@its.utas.edu.au
Networks and Communications     ! phone : (002) 20 7419
Information Technology Services ! fax   : (002) 20 7898
University of Tasmania.         !