Date:      Tue, 8 Aug 1995 21:56:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Mark Smith" <msmith@beta.tricity.wsu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ft0: giving errors

Greetings,

I've just upgraded several things, so hold on while I go through the
error then the hardware.

I have FreeBSD 2.0.5R off of the Walnut Creek CDROM.  Hey, good work
there folks!  Every time I type 'ft' to get the tape header I get the
following:

/kernel: fdc0: output ready timeout
/kernel: fdc0: input ready timeout
/kernel: fdc0: input ready timeout

Hardware:
Intel 486DX-33
ETEQ chipset and MB
16MB RAM
Micropolis 2112A 1080MB IDE HD
Western Digital AC31200A 1.2GB IDE HD
GSI mod. 21 ISA EIDE controller with floppy/tape accelerator
 BIOS drive translation is on
Conner 250MB(125MB physical) tape drive.

During the boot and hardware probe, ft0 conner tape is reported twice.

Any Ideas all?

Mark

UNIX IS user friendly, it's just very choosy about who it calls a friend!