Date:      Fri, 11 Oct 2002 15:31:22 +0100
From:      Neil Darlow <neil@darlow.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPFW2 on 4.7-RELEASE

Hi,

Has anyone got IPFW2 working on 4.7-RELEASE? I've been using IPFW/natd
successfully since 4.2 but my attempts to do the same with IPFW2 have failed.

I added IPFW2=true to /etc/make.conf and "options IPFW2" to my kernel config
then rebuilt libalias, ipfw and my kernel.

At boot I get the message output that natd has started but the boot process
then stops at the point where it previously output "Firewall Logging=YES" to
the console.

My buildworld/installworld/mergemaster/MAKEDEV/buildkernel/installkernel etc.
all executed without problems and things work as before using IPFW.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to what's happening here?

Regards,
Neil Darlow M.Sc.
--
Hardware/Software Design Consultants http://www.darlow.co.uk/
ICQ: 135505456  E-Mail, Jabber, MSNM: see following GPG identity