Date:      7 Jan 1997 00:39:32 MDT
From:      vector@bulli.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Installation

I'm having problems installing FreeBSD via FTP.  Maybe the problem is
with my PPP provider?  But I can connect with PPP through OS/2 just
fine, so I tend to think that it's in the FreeBSD installation kernel.

Anyways, the installation programme can't access the nameserver, and the
nameserver is working just fine.  Also, my provider hangs up on my after
maybe 10 seconds, since there is no response from my system.

The IP address of my ISP is 204.209.196.254, the nameserver is 77 and
the IP assigned to me is 197.  I can also use 76 for my ISP's address,
since it's running MajorBBS, and they are linked to the same system (?).

This is what I specified in the PPP config box:

Host: vek.bulli.com
Doman: bulli.com
Gateway: 204.209.196.254
NameServer: 204.209.196.77
IPAddress: 204.209.196.197
NetMask: 255.255.255.0

I have also tried the IPAddress as my ISP's address.  Oh, and my
hostname isn't registered in the nameserver, I've pestered my ISP about
this but they never seem to get around to doing anything.

I'd greatly appreciate any help you could give.  Thanks.

-saxon jones
 vector@bulli.com