Date:      Wed, 12 Jul 2017 11:59:54 GMT
From:      Anton Shterenlikht <as@cmplx.uk>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   synth: Error opening terminal: xterm

I'm starting using synth, never used it before.
I get this error:

# synth build net/mpich
Error opening terminal: xterm.

I'm supposed to run synth as root, right?
Is synth trying to open another xterm as root?

I've never allowed root access to a display:

# xterm
Warning: This program is an suid-root program or is being run by the root user.
The full text of the error or warning message cannot be safely formatted
in this environment. You may get a more descriptive message by running the
program as a non-root user or by removing the suid bit on the executable.
xterm: Xt error: Can't open display: %s
xterm: DISPLAY is not set

Am I wrong?

Anton