Date:      Mon, 23 Jun 1997 21:02:46 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Scott Donovan <sdd@ccd.tas.gov.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The Intel EtherExpress Pro/100B

> I have 2.2.1-RELEASE installed and running (with adaptec driver patches)
>and I would like to run the Intel Enter Express in full duplex, is this a
>situation where the card and switch will auto sense ?? Or do I have to
>provide a flag with ifconfig or similar to select which mode I want on the
>network card?

   If you have an "older" card (one with a National 83840 PHY chip), then
the card should autosense full duplex and work fine (assuming of course
that you have it attached to a fast ethernet switch that supports NWAY
negotiation). If you have one of the newer cards with the Intel 82555 PHY
chip, then you'll need some driver patches which are now in 2.2-stable.

-DG

David Greenman