Date:      Thu, 5 Mar 2020 06:54:37 -0700
From:      "@lbutlr" <kremels@kreme.com>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Aria2 and magnets

<freebsd-ports@freebsd.org> wrote:
>=20
> On Wed, 4 Mar 2020 17:19:06 -0700
> @lbutlr wrote:
>=20
>> Brand new install of aria2 and I tried to grab the FreBSD 12.1 amd64
>> image via a magnet link:
>> After about 30 minutes the only thing I get is updates showing 0
>> Bytes downloaded.
>>=20
>> Downloading a torrent file, in this case Ubuntu server, works fine:
>=20
> Perhaps DHT is blocked in your firewall.

Nope, though I guess it could be on that specific machine, but I don=E2=80=
=99t think so.

> It's also worth rechecking the
> magnet link in case the Ubuntu download bootstrapped DHT.

I=E2=80=99ve tried the magnet (and other magnets) several times. The =
first time I tried a magnet link there was an error, but that is sort of =
documented for araia2 and subsequent attempts do not generate an error =
about DHT, but they do not download.