Date:      Thu, 1 Feb 2001 15:46:19 +0100
From:      "Michael Huber" <mhuber@3dreams.com>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   freebsd crashes ....

hi,

i ve succesfully installed and configured freebsd 4.1 on my machine with
the following demons, apache, wu-ftpd, samba, netatalk.
other things i ve installed is X, enlightment, gimp, netscape and the
popular halflife server.

i ve compiled my kernel with the option netatalk.

ok, everything run fine until 2 days ago.

freebsd crashes randomly (it seems to be randomly for me) with one of
the following 2 messages:

the first one:
	panic: pmap_release: freeing held page table page

the second one:
	fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode
	fault virtual adress: 0xe
	fault code: supervisor write, page not present
	instruction pointer: 0x8, 0xc557370
	stack pointer: 0x10: 0xccd67b94
	frame pointer: 0x10:0xccd67b88
	code segment: base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x16, DPL 0, pres 1,
def32 1, gran 1
	processor eflags: interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL=3D0
	current process: 287 (csh)
	interrupt mask: net tty bio cam
	trap number: 12
	panic: page fault

	syncing disks....

so, i dont know what to do with these messages. and i have to get this
machine running stable again :-)

i can provide more information if needed. hope someone can help me.

best regards

michael

3Dreams Medienagentur
Michael Huber