Date:      Thu, 2 Mar 2006 15:29:08 +0100
From:      Marius Strobl <marius@alchemy.franken.de>
To:        Solon Luigi Lutz <solon@pyro.de>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X1140a Gigabit Driver?

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 05:46:22PM +0100, Solon Luigi Lutz wrote:
> Hello freebsd-sparc64,
>
> is there any driver for a SUN X1140a 1000BaseSX ethernet adapter
> available? Either in the normal distribution or as some beta code
> out in the wild?

Not as far as I can tell. In principle these should be supported
by gem(4). What needs to be done to make them actually work is:
- figure out the register layout (apparently it differs somewhat
  from the PCI variants) and add an SBus front-end,
- add support for the SERDES,
- make some performance improvements like adding support for
  checksum offloading and converting the TX side to use
  bus_dmamap_load_mbuf_sg(9).

Marius

--
This mail was scanned by AntiVir Milter.
This product is licensed for non-commercial use.