Date:      Thu, 27 Sep 2001 10:59:41 -0700
From:      David Johnson <djohnson@acuson.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   /dev/acd0c: Invalid argument

# mount -t cd9660 /dev/acd0c /mnt
cd9660: /dev/acd0c: Invalid argument

4.4-RELEASE. I have a Creative 52x on ata1-master, and a HP cdwriter
9500 on ata1-slave (acd1). I can mount /dev/acd1c with no problems. That
drive works fine. It's the Creative that is giving me problems. I have
used a variety of CDs, thinking that the problem might be a bad burn,
but it is identical with standard CDs. In short, it appears that FreeBSD
keeps seeing "audio" CDs in the drive even when they are not.

dmesg shows:

acd0: CDROM <CREATIVE CD5233E-CF> at ata1-master using pio4

The device exists under /dev, with the major/minor of 117,2

My kernel config has (I did not change this from GENERIC):
device	ata
device	atadisk
device	atapicd

Installation booted from this CDROM drive just fine, but when it came
time to commit, it said the CD was probably an audio CD. Ditto for using
sysinstall to configPackages.

Using cdcontrol, all data CDs have the type AUDIO. All audio CDs show
AUDIO, but the tracks are erroneous.

This drive works fine under Slackware-8 and Windows-*cough*-ME.

Additional note: this problem seems to have appeared since switching my
A7A266 motherboard for a A7M266 motherboard (to solve a different FBSD
problem).

Question: how do I fix this behavior? I have perused the list archives,
google, etc., but the only problems identical to this did not have any
resolutions.

Thanks,

David Johnson