Date:      21 Aug 1999 07:26:28 -0000
From:      vladimir@math.uic.edu
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   NFS problems

Dear -stable Users,

I would greatly appreciate any help with the following problem.   I have a FreeBSD
NFS server (3.2-STABLE, built on Aug 3), and a Solaris 2.7 client.
I run into problems when trying to use NFSv3 mounts on the client.   Trying to remove
files from the mounted partition (on the nfs client) results in multiple errors, for
example:

# rm -r /home/2/vladimir
rm: Unable to remove directory /home/2/vladimir/CVS/blowup/c: File exists
rm: Unable to remove directory /home/2/vladimir/CVS/blowup: File exists
rm: Unable to remove directory /home/2/vladimir/CVS/useradd: File exists

I have tried using tcp and udp mount options with the same result.  NFSv2 works fine.

Solaris client has the latest patches applied.   I would very much appreciate
any comments on that.

Also, the client logs:

Aug 21 02:20:59 newton.math.uic.edu statd[163]: statd: cannot talk to statd at galileo, RPC: Procedure unavailable(10)
Aug 21 02:20:59 newton.math.uic.edu statd[163]: statd: cannot talk to statd at galileo, RPC: Procedure unavailable(10)

rpc.statd is running on the server, rpcinfo -p output:
# rpcinfo -p galileo
   program vers proto   port  service
    100000    2   tcp    111  rpcbind
    100000    2   udp    111  rpcbind
    100007    2   udp   1022  ypbind
    100007    2   tcp   1023  ypbind
    100005    3   udp   1018  mountd
    100005    3   tcp   1022  mountd
    100005    1   udp   1018  mountd
    100005    1   tcp   1022  mountd
    100003    2   udp   2049  nfs
    100003    3   udp   2049  nfs
    100003    2   tcp   2049  nfs
    100003    3   tcp   2049  nfs
    100021    1   udp   1005  nlockmgr
    100021    3   udp   1005  nlockmgr
    100021    1   tcp   1021  nlockmgr
    100021    3   tcp   1021  nlockmgr
    100024    1   udp    999  status
    100024    1   tcp   1020  status
    100011    1   udp   1028  rquotad

This is just a minor annoyance, but if someone could provide a solution, I will be very grateful.
Thank you!

	Vladimir
	vladimir@math.uic.edu