Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 2006 09:48:59 +1300
From:      Al Muckart <silver@where.else.net.nz>
To:        Karl-Petter =?iso-8859-1?q?=C5kesson?= <freebsd@yelloworb.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Skype mucking with igain on Audigy 2 value

On Tuesday 24 October 2006 07:45, Karl-Petter =C5kesson wrote:

Hi there,

> do not know if this will help you or not but its worth a try. I have not
> used Skype on any *nix machine but I have struggled a bit with it on
> windows. The default windows installation comes with some settings which
> is set so Skype acts "smart". One of these is the adaptive mic gain.
> Skype will adjust your mic level dynamically to a level what Skype
> believes is good. To minimize feedback from speakers and record your
> voice at a good level. Your description of the problem sounds like this
> is happening to you, though Skype fails to be smart due to some reason.
> Have you tried to uncheck "Let skype adjust my sound device settings"?
> Its under Sound Devices. Do not know if this exists in the *nix version
> or not but it could be worth looking for.

Thanks for the suggestion. That's the standard fix for these symptoms offer=
ed=20
on all the sykpe forums, but those settings don't appear on the *nix versio=
n=20
at all, neither the "current" 1.2 version or the beta 1.3 version, which is=
=20
why I resorted to posting here to see if anyone who knew stuff about the=20
sound system had any ideas.

Thanks.
=2D-=20
Al.