Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 2003 15:30:14 -0800 (PST)
From:      Philip Hallstrom <philip@adhesivemedia.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Portable MP3 player integration with FreeBSD?

Hi all -
	I'd like to get my wife a portable mp3 player, but it seems like
they all require Windows and special software... and I'd rather not have a
windows box just so she can copy mp3s...  I noticed the urio driver, but
it's only for a couple of players (not the SONICblue Rio S35S which is the
one I like best at this point).

So two questions:

- What portable mp3 players are you using that work well with FreeBSD
(beyond what's in the urio man page)?

- Are any of you using mp3 players that just use a standard compactflash
card that I can just copy files onto using existing USB umass stuff?  (I'm
having zero luck finding info about this).

Thanks!

-philip