Date:      Wed, 4 Mar 2015 04:20:11 +0100
From:      rhannek@gmx.de
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can't attach geli after updating to FreeBSD 10.1

Hi,

I have an encrypted hard drive (not root) which I mount manually when I
actually need it. The storage has a single slice which is encrypted with
geli on top of which is a zfs file system.

After upgrading from 10.0-RELEASE to 10.1-RELEASE the device node
changed from /dev/ada1p1 to /dev/ada1s1 and I can't attach it anymore.
Trying to execute "geli attach ada1s1" I get "geli: Cannot read metadata
from ada1s1: Invalid argument."

When I roll back to 10.0 I have no problems.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Regards,
Gideon Lang