Date:      Thu, 24 Aug 2000 18:33:54 -0500
From:      "Michael C. Wu" <keichii@peorth.iteration.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org, cg@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VAIO Z505JS Reports and Questions

Replying to my own questions....sorry

On Thu, Aug 24, 2000 at 05:55:37PM -0500, Michael C. Wu scribbled:
| Running the 20000815-Current snapshot from current.freebsd.org

| Here are a few troubling spots:
| APM detected and apmd runs. When I try to suspend
| (either with Fn+Esc, Fn+F12, zzz, apm -z, apm =Z)
| it suspends to memory and comes back fine.
| Problem is, upon coming back up, kernel keeps
| flushing out "uhub0: halted" "pcm0: halted" "fxp0 timed out"
| Sound will not play, cannot ping out, usb devices don't respond.

After applying kern/20255, pcm now suspends and comes back up very well.
For some reason, uhub0 halted error disappeared too.
fxp0 will still die after suspension.  However, I did
ifconfig fxp0 down
ifconfig fxp0 bla bla bla
and the interface came back up.   Perhaps someone should test this
with a real PCMCIA NIC.

| How should I get apm and suspend-to-disk working?

Still no luck on suspend-to-disk