Date:      Mon, 29 May 1995 08:10:03 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Remy.Card@masi.ibp.fr (Remy CARD)
To:        bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org, henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu
Subject:   Re: LINUX emulator working (dare I say DOOM here we goooooo)

> - Linux OMAGIC shared executables (with text and data together) don't work.
> - Linux ZMAGIC shared executables seem to work.

	Speaking of binary formats, the Linux community is currently
moving towards ELF (the public release of ELF tools and libraries has
been made one week ago).  There is no ELF based binary distribution yet
but I expect some to appear soon.  Does the Linux compatibility code
in FreeBSD handle the ELF format?

> - FreeBSD's `file' works better than Linux's `file' to tell me what Linux
>   executables are :-).  This may be the fault of the Linux installation
>   being old.

	Probably.  Linux's `file' is the same one as the FreeBSD one, I
think.  It even contains the same bugs :-)

		Remy