Date:      Wed, 9 May 2012 03:00:19 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: maybe not truly freebsd related

On Tue, 8 May 2012 16:28:08 +0200 (CEST), Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> But yet - what graphical mail program can you recommend that have such
> simple basic functionality of local mail support in Maildir format?

I'm using Sylpheed here. It requires Gtk 2 (which should be
fine when you're using Gnome anyway), and it stores mails in
MH format (quite comparable to Maildir). Related to TB, it's
still very lightweight.

There has also been a Gtk 1 version (much more lightweight),
but I think it's already out of ports, and its UTF-8 support
does not exist. However, it's even faster than the current
version. :-)

Remember that it's a MUA. It's not a calendar, not a web
browser, not a multimedia player and not a PDF viewer. (But
you can interface it to open content based on file type by
using external programs, such as xmms, xpdf, xzgv etc.).

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany