Date:      Mon, 28 Oct 1996 17:21:18 -0800
From:      Bill Sanborn <bsanborn@ix.netcom.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   www.freebsd.org and ftp.freebsd.org: downloading packages

I've just downloaded and installed FreeBSD 2.1.5 and wanted to
install Lynx in order to view the html manuals. Using Windoze NT and RAS
I've tried to download "Lynx" using both an FTP client and Netscape 2.02.
Using the FTP client (Cute FTP 1.6) I cannot find the ".tgz" file in
the appropriate directory. From ftp.cdrom.com, /.16/FreeBSD/packages-2.1.5/
www does contain a link to Lynx 2.5, but it will not download.
	Using Netscape, going to http://www.freebsd.org/ports/www.html,
I click on the "download" hypertext, underneath the Lynx entry,but no
download will start.
	Are the links correct? Do these packages really exist? Is this
just a test to see if I'm a worthy user ? ;>

	Any feedback/help would be appreciated.

Bill Sanborn
bsanborn@ix.netcom.com