Date:      Wed, 14 May 1997 20:28:52 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Kenneth R. Westerback" <krw@tcn.net>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   A Troff Tutorial (usd:22) - hiding or not present

I am interested in poking about in the documentation for FreeBSD, learning
how it is all generated.  Eventually DocBook, etc. but
it seems a lot is in troff (and from postings here DocBook -> troff seems
to be preferred) and I can't seem to find any introductory material on
troff.

Is the document "A Troff Tutorial (usd:22)" as mentioned in
/usr/share/doc/usd/contents.ascii.gz installed somewhere?  Not to mention
other documents from the BSD distribution.  If not part of the FreeBSD
distribution is the document available for downloading/printing anywhere?
Or do I have to buy the O'Reilly 4.4BSD documents.  Alternatively is there
another Troff document/book that is recommended?

---- Ken