Date:      Mon, 8 Dec 1997 18:15:43 +0100 (CET)
From:      Andre Albsmeier <andre.albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>
To:        hafner@forwiss.tu-muenchen.de (Walter Hafner)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anyone using YAMAHA CDR100 ?

> andre.albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de (Andre Albsmeier) writes:
>
> > Is anyone using the YAMAHA CDR100 (or similar) successfull on
>
> Jup!
>
> Well, I didn't use the ports mechanism but got the source directly and
> installed manually. I use cdrecord 1.5, available from Joerg Schilling
> at http://www.fokus.gmd.de/nthp/employees/schilling/ without any
> problems. In fact I write CD's at speed 4 (!) and read News and Emails
> and browse the Web on the same machine during the writes. Last week
> alone I wrote ~15 CD's and didn't get any error.

With the help of Walter Hafner I just burned my first cdrom with
cdrecord-1.5. I compiled  the one from the ports collection and it
worked after changing the symlink of rworm0.ctl in the Makefile:

ln -sf /dev/rworm0.ctl sgx

changed to

ln -sf /dev/rworm0.ctl scgx

The port compiled with several warnings but I think they
can be ignored...

Thanks,

	-Andre