Date:      Thu, 18 Nov 1999 09:28:51 -0700 (MST)
From:      David G Andersen <danderse@cs.utah.edu>
To:        matt@BabCom.ORG (matt)
Cc:        bsd@a.servers.aozilla.com, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Systalk] localhost.org (fwd)

I'm with matt on this.

You should name your machine "something.your.domain", and then CNAME and
MX "domain.com" to "something.your.domain".  Technically, your machine
doesn't _have_ a hostname! :) ... or its domain name is ".org".

... the software is behaving properly.  The configuration is wrong.

   -Dave

work: dga@lcs.mit.edu                          me:  dga@pobox.com
      MIT Laboratory for Computer Science           http://www.angio.net/