Date:      Sat, 9 May 1998 14:49:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        Mark Szlaga <mszlaga@umdsun2.umd.umich.edu>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ethernet -> natd -> Dynamic-IP dialup

One think not mentionned..
the user-mode ppp daemon has a natd built-din
I would suggest you use this instead..
I think it's option -alias

It's actually the SAME natd, as there is a library libnat
that does NAT, and is included by both NATD and ppp
but for ppp installations it's less troublesome to use the ppp version
obviously as the ppp daemon takes care of a lot of the configuration for
you and you can leave the firewall to purely firewalling..
(of course with NAT you probably don't NEED firewalling bery much
as it's only outgoing :-)

julian