Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2000 18:54:31 +0100
From:      Micha Borrmann <micha@tli.de>
To:        "'freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org>
Subject:   AVM Fritz PCI ?!

Hi folks,

I have an AVM Fritz PCI Card in my FreeBSD box (RELEASE 3.4 with the
included i4b version). The card is detected on startup from the kernel:

isic0: <AVM Fritz!Card PCI ISDN adapter> rev 0x02 int a irq 12 on pci0.9.0
isic0: ISAC 2085 Version A1/A2 or 2086/2186 Version 1.1 (IOM-2)

the i4b devices are also in the kernel

i4b: ISDN call control device attached
i4bisppp: 4 ISDN SyncPPP device(s) attached
i4bctl: ISDN system control port attached
i4bipr: 4 IP over raw HDLC ISDN device(s) attached (VJ header compression)
i4btel: 2 ISDN telephony interface device(s) attached
i4brbch: 4 raw B channel access device(s) attached
i4btrc: 4 ISDN trace device(s) attached

but if I try to configure the network interface (I was setting up the
spppcontrol values before this), I'm getting

# ifconfig isp0 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.1 netmask 0xffffffff
ifconfig: ioctl (SIOCAIFADDR): File exists

on the box, and I can't dial in to an ISP :(

what can I do to solve these ?

thanks for any hints from anybody

Bye,

Micha Borrmann