Date:      Mon, 02 Feb 1998 14:41:08 -0800
From:      Don Wilde <don@partsnow.com>
To:        Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: they have mail

> I want to be notified (preferably by email) when mail arrives for a couple
> of users on my system. This will be a rare event which needs a reasonably
> quick response.
>
> I do not want to receive a copy of their mail, just know about it so I can
> advise them.

Sue -
	The easiest answer is just to add a line in /etc/aliases on the mail
server which will intercept their mail and split off two copies, one of
which goes to you and the other to the new address which you will
program their mail agent to  respond to.

jack:	newjack@welearn.com.au, sue@welearn.com.au

and then run newaliases to change it. You will get a full copy of their
mail. If there's a way to do a 'remote BIFF' on somebody else's mail,
I'd like to hear it, too :)
--
  oooOOO O O O o * * *  *   *   *