Date:      Tue, 26 Jul 2011 13:57:41 +0300
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Jung-uk Kim <jkim@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Callum Gibson <callumgibson@optusnet.com.au>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: powernow regression in 8-STABLE

on 25/07/2011 21:55 Jung-uk Kim said the following:
> powernow expects a static table
> (via acpi_perf) but _PSS is dynamically constructed at runtime.  I
> don't think we can support this case easily, sorry.

Just a side note.

Actually I do not see anything wrong with that _PSS except that ASL seems to have
been passed through a mangler and it makes reading the code hard.
_PSS is a method and it is evaluated as a method in acpi_perf, the method returns
a package.  I am not sure what exactly you meant when you said that powernow
expects a static table.  I do not see why the return value can not be dynamically
constructed while _PSS is evaluated and why that would affect any of our code.

--
Andriy Gapon