Date:      Sat, 10 Apr 1999 10:37:20 -0400
From:      "Steven Vetzal" <svetzal@icom.ca>
To:        "'Que Hongyu'" <qhy@hw.ia.ac.cn>
Cc:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: NAT help

Greetings,

I've never used natd with an alias - does this work?

I always make sure I've got some bpf's in the kernel:

pseudo-device bpfilter 4

make sure you've got natd in your /etc/services

natd	8668/divert

make sure you've started natd (8^)

And you've got additional firewall rules like

$fwcmd add 100 pass all from any to any via lo0
$fwcmd add 200 deny all from any to 127.0.0.0/8
$fwcmd add 65000 pass all from any to any

Of course, this is basic nat stuff, and you probably know all this
already... I'd be interested to see if you can make this work with an alias.

Steve