Date:      Fri, 1 Mar 2002 08:24:17 +1100
From:      Greg Lane <gregory.lane@anu.edu.au>
To:        Tim Wilde <twilde@dyndns.org>
Cc:        Jim Freeze <jim@freeze.org>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: And the abuse continues...

On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 10:45:08AM -0500, Tim Wilde <twilde@dyndns.org> wrote:
> Well, the stuff from orbz.org is an automated relay tester.  It's
> harmless, and some would consider it to be a good thing; in theory, at
> least, it will notify you if you happen to be running an open relay
> without knowing it.  Some of the various other ones may also be part of
> the relay tests, or just random spammers doing their own relay scans.
> It's a normal part of being a host on the Internet, and as long as your
> mail server is secured, you should have nothing to worry about.

Since this seems like an appropriate thread. The other day I had a few
attempts to connect to port 25 from 67.104.51.129.

This resolves to mail.relaystopper.com, yet mail.relaystopper.com
doesn't resolve back to that IP. Traceroute back didn't tell me
anything either.

I've never heard of this and couldn't find anything in a quick
google search.

Does anyone know anything about this? It has such a suggestive name with
peculiar DNS!

Greg