Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 2000 15:47:50 +0200
From:      Sebastien ROCHE <sr@sxb.bsf.alcatel.fr>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ports-Installation problems

--------------02E653995BDC36456A71AD00

I had some of these problems too , but I have it worked finally.
As far as I remember I did like this:

1) Synchronize with ports-all (all the directories)
2) type make uninstall in the directories you should recompile if it's already
installed
3) make
4) If it doesn't work for any reason, don't try to understand, delete the
directory (fe ports/audio/amp) and fetch the port directory (fe audio) which
contains this port. Then make again.

I hope it's the right method.

"O. Hartmann" wrote:

> Since a few days I have got a problem in installing ports form
> the ports repository. First, I ran into much trouble installin the new
> libtool 1.3.4. With pkg_delete I extincted all older versions and reinstalled
> the newer one, but it won't work. Then, suddenly, it worked but I don't know
> why (maybe because of a build-world). Now I tried to fetch libtool again, but
> after getting the libtool.tar file, extracting and typing make, I receive
> the error message that fetch could not find the appropriate fiel. fetch looks
> for ".tar.gz" instead of "libtool-1.3.4.tar.gz". This happens to some packeges,
> too. The full name is not given to fetch and it seems to be a bug.
>
> Now I tried to recompile the MySQL server because after make world of yesterday
> mysql-client drops with coredumps for no reason (SIGNAL 11). When compiling it,
> I get this:
>
> Your libtool installation is out of date. Please remove
> and reinstall /usr/ports/devel/libtool.
>
> well, this seem to be a circle with no escape. Please help ...
>
> Gruss O. Hartmann

Sebastien ROCHE , Software Engineer
ATLINKS   1 , rte Albert Schweitzer   67408 ILLKIRCH CEDEX
Tel: 03 90 67 67 90 , poste 74042     Email : sr@sxb.bsf.alcatel.fr

--------------02E653995BDC36456A71AD00

I had some of these problems too , but I have it worked finally.
already installed
the directory (fe ports/audio/amp) and fetch the port directory (fe audio)
which contains this port. Then make again.
ports form
new
know
again, but
looks
packeges,
yesterday
it,

<pre>--&nbsp;
Sebastien ROCHE , Software Engineer
ATLINKS&nbsp;&nbsp; 1 , rte Albert Schweitzer&nbsp;&nbsp; 67408 ILLKIRCH CEDEX
Tel: 03 90 67 67 90 , poste 74042&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Email : sr@sxb.bsf.alcatel.fr</pre>
&nbsp;</html>