Date:      Sun, 19 Nov 2000 08:49:53 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Mark R Grant <mark@mmcable.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Error in libstdc++ buildworld

On Sun, Nov 19, 2000 at 10:44:09AM -0600, Mark R Grant wrote:
> David O'Brien wrote:

Respect my "Reply-To: current@freebsd.org" or I won't respond to queries
for help in the future.

> Following my interpretation of the instructions in the make.conf file, the
> CFLAGS line is commented out.
> I am running version 4.1.1-RELEASE, trying to upgrade to -CURRENT using the
> 'RELENG_4' tag.  Last cvsup was Nov 18, 2300 GMT

One cannot "upgrade"[*] to -CURRENT using he "RELENG_4" tag.  The
"RELENG_4" is the 4.x code base.  To get -CURRENT source one would use no
tag.  RELENG_4 is very buildable right now, so something is weird on your
end.  You'll [again] need to give more _details_.
Example:

    1. I checked out the source using ``cd /usr ; cvs co src''
    2. I then made sure the /usr/obj/ directory existed.
    3. I then did ``cd /usr/src ; make world''.

[*] "upgrading" to -CURRENT really doesn't mean anything as it isn't a
release and for your use it may easily be a "downgrade".  You should
examine your reasons for wanting to run -CURRENT.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)
          GNU is Not Unix / Linux Is Not UniX