Date:      Tue, 5 Sep 2006 13:10:55 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        Andre Oppermann <andre@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ARM boot process

Andre Oppermann wrote this message on Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 19:04 +0200:
> What I've got no clue yet is how to build a MFS image that gets fused
> with the kernel so I may skip NFS and boot with only TFTP or even put
> it on flash.

you can use mdconfig to make a file and newfs/mount it, or as Warner
said mkfs... (I've done the former)...  You can all use GEOM_UZIP
to compress the mfs image down a bit more too...

I used:
makeoptions    MFS_IMAGE="/tmp/mfs.ufs.uzip"   # mfs image
options        ROOTDEVNAME=\"ufs:md0.uzip\"    # Root device

In my kernel config to put the image into the kernel, and boot from
it...

/me used it before he had an ethernet driver working.

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579