Date:      Fri, 19 Sep 1997 11:12:38 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co>
Cc:        Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fwd: Amaya 1.1a Source Release available

On Wed, Sep 17, 1997 at 10:04:34AM -0500, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Sep 1997, Andreas Klemm wrote:
> >
> > BTW: one suggestion ... Amaya can be build with and without
> > kaffe/jdk. It would be great to make one port with a switch
> > JAVA -> YES or NO ...
> >
> It _would_ be good to have real Java on the distribution first. Kaffe
> could use the libraries that come with JRE, but I haven't seen volunteers
> for a real port lately :(.
> Last time I saw we had to choose between Java and plugins (both at the
> same time caused problems). Are there any freely redistributable plugins
> for FreeBSD?

Please tell me, what's exactly missing. Perhaps I could take a look
at it. I think it's important, to be in the Java area up to date,
since many people are working on/with it.

But please tell me exactly what packages are needed / have to be updated
since I didn't work with Java up to now.

--
Andreas Klemm | klemm.gtn.com - powered by
                    Symmetric MultiProcessor FreeBSD