Date:      Fri, 30 Dec 1994 08:09:38 -0500
From:      jerryk@indy.net (Jerry Kelley)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   floppy installation

I'm in the processing of downloading all of the Free BSD files from Walnut
Creek.  The question I have that wasn't clearly answered in the install
notes is: would I copy all of the tar files to a DOS partition and then the
install program (from floppy) would un-tar and load from there?  SInce I'm
not using the CD-ROM version, that'd be the only way I can see that all of
the files would be available to the install program.

Is this correct?  I know the install notes say that one you've started the
install it'll have instructions for a non-CD based install, but I'd really
like to know ahead of time what I should do with all of those files.

Thanks.

Jerry Kelley,
jerryk@indy.net