Date:      29 Oct 2001 10:51:39 +0000
From:      Wayne Pascoe <wayne.pascoe@ehsrealtime.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dualbooting XP and FreeBSD

Hi there,

I installed XP at the weekend and it stomped over my MBR. I have
booted FreeBSD from CD and used the fixit disk, but I can't seem to
redo the bootloader config.

I have the following drives
ad4
ad5
ad7

ad4 just has 2 windows partitions on it (Primary and Extended)
ad5 has a FreeBSD partition with multiple slices.

boot0cfg -B -b /boot/boot0 /dev/ad5s1a
works fine.

boot0cfg -B -b /boot/boot0 /dev/ad4 doesn't seem to work. What
partition should I be aiming this at on the windows drive?

Also, do I need to do anything to the boot.ini in XP or does the
bootmanager come in before this ?

TIA,

--
Wayne Pascoe <wayne.pascoe@ehsrealtime.com>

Things fall apart; the center cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world. - Yeats