Date:      Mon, 18 Aug 1997 15:29:04 -0400
From:      "Amir Y. Rosenblatt" <amir@i33.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bootable hardware RAID solutions?

I'm preparing to rebuild my FreeBSD 2.2.2 box and want to make it somewhat
more fault-tolerant than it is now.  I'm interested in using a Mylex
SCSI-SCSI RAID card (in an enclosure with apair of hot-swappable disks) to
do mirroring and I'm wondering if such a device is compatible with FreebD
2.2.2-stable (I would assume it is since it just sits on the SCSI chain
and pretends to be a disk) and if I'd be able to actually boot my system
from that sort of RAID (i.e. is it transparent enough to pretend to be my
boot disk or do I need to use some other disk for that and just stick
everything else on it?)?

Thanks in advance,

	-Amir

--