Date:      Wed, 02 Jun 1999 23:18:03 +0200
From:      ISAAC SIGASA <dsigasa@uwc.ac.za>
To:        hackers@freebsd.ORG
Subject:   Linking the kernel to include QuickCam device driver

** High Priority **
** Reply Requested When Convenient **

Greetings,

I sincerely request information on how to reconfigure the
FreeBSD kernel to include the QCam device driver. In our
organisation we have just installed the FreeBSD and have
QuickCam VC and like to use it for video conferencing.

Please give me the detailed steps as I am a new to UNIX
user, for what I must type at the command prompt to get the
camera working. I have read your site concerning this but do
not understand especially on device major and minor numbers,
please include this in your discussion.

I will appreciate your help very much as my organization
depends on me for this.

Most sincerely,

Isaac