Date:      Fri, 3 Aug 2001 23:18:31 -1000
From:      "Randal Masutani" <randal@mailrelay.hits.net>
To:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>, sales@soekris.com
Subject:   Re: sis0 problems sending out zeros.

On 3 Aug 2001, at 9:55, Louis A. Mamakos wrote:

> On 3 Aug 2001, at 2:51, Randal Masutani wrote:
> > I just recvd one of Soren's Net4501 board.  I managed to install
> > PicoBSD(4.3-Release) on a 32MB compactflash and get the network driver to
> > load.  PicoBSD is booting okay and I can login okay.  But the ethernet
> > interfaces are not working.  Basically the OS does see them and attaches
> > them and the rc scripts even initializes them okay.  But they only send
> > out bad packets with zero source and dest MAC addresses.  The interfaces
> > seems to be configured okay.
>
> I've got a net4501 board, and it seems to be working just fine (e.g.,
> "normal" MAC addresses for the frames.  I'm running a very stripped-down
> 4.3-STABLE on my board, booting from an 8MB compact flash card.

Well I just tried another Net4501 board I had with the same compactflash
with PicoBSD(4.3-Release) and the ethernet ports work fine!
I guess the other board I have is defective?

Soren whats my warranty on these boards ?

BTW, is there any way to change the console serial speed during BIOS POST?

Randal