Date:      Sat, 02 Sep 2000 21:00:43 GMT
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@inwind.it>
To:        "Victor R. Cardona" <vcardona@home.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: installing on a system without a monitor?

On 9/3/00, 1:34:11 AM, "Victor R. Cardona" <vcardona@home.com> wrote
regarding installing on a system without a monitor?:

> Hi everyone,

> Can someone please point me to any documentation, or give me any
> instructions on installing FBSD on a headless system? I also need to
be
> able to access the bios on this machine, so that I can change some
> settings. Is this possible?

> Thanks,
> Victor R. Cardona

Dear Victor Cardona,

You may wish to have a look at
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/serialconsole-setup.html; also a
number of questions on this topic have been asked in the past few
months: you might want to browse the mail archives
(http://www.freebsd.org/mail).

Incidentally, you might find the following link interesting as well:
http://www.mostgraveconcern.com/freebsd/sheet.cgi?sercon.

Best regards,
Salvo