Date:      Sat, 01 Jul 2000 21:52:34 -0400
From:      steinyv <steinyv@skyweb.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NFS

Ok, newbie here.  I installed successfully on one machine (Im a pro at that
now).  Since my machines are not connected to the internet (yet), its only
for practise, I gave the first machine the fake hostname of
"gw.example.net" (sound familiar) with a fake ip address.  The output of
ifconfig -a shows my nic interface (ed0) witht the ip address and the
loopback device.  I entered the info as described for an nfs server from
the handbook.  On the second machine Im trying to install via NFS.  I used
gw.example.net:/cdrom and it says that it could mount the cdrom.  On the
server I manually mounted the cdrom and tried again with the same message.
Does anyone have a sure shot way of trying to do what Im doing?????
Thanks