Date:      Fri, 13 Feb 2004 14:17:21 -0500
From:      "JJB" <Barbish3@adelphia.net>
To:        "Ceri Davies" <ceri@submonkey.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD. ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Using dhclient to update zoneedit with my dynamic IP address

Ceri

Thanks for the pointer to the 'man dhclient-script'.

I read through it 3-5 times and the best I can make out of what
it says is, that if I create an file like this
/etc/dhclient-exit-hooks.sh with this content

#! /bin/sh
wget -O - --http-user=username --http-passwd=password,
'http://dynamic.zoneedit.com/auth/dynamic.html?host=www.mydomain.com
'

Then every time dhclient runs (IE: at bootup and lease expire)
the dhclient-exit-hooks.sh gets run.

I this the correct interpretation?

My wget command does not need the ip address or even know that it
changed, the event of running and making contact with the zoneedit
site will give zoneedit the ip address value of the system
requesting the http url request. I just need this to be launched at
the correct time and dhclient is the correct facility and timing to
do this.

Any help would be greatly approached

Joe