Date:      Wed, 22 Feb 2006 10:45:36 -0800
From:      <sean.berry@cox.net>
To:        <freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Hot Swap SCSI drive not working...

I have just inserted a new drive for my IBM xSeries 335 running FreeBSD 4.9 REL.

After inserting the drive I got a message saying
sean# mnt1: Ext Bus Reset

But when I go to setup the disk using sysinstall, it does not give me the choice of da1, only da0 - the original disk.

camcontrol sees the device, but it is not showing da1?

sean# camcontrol devlist
<IBM-ESXS MAP3367NC FN B109> at scbus0 target 0 lun 0 (pass0,da0)
<IBM 25P3495a S320 1 1> at scbus0 target 8 lun 0 (pass1)

Any help is greatly appreciated.