Date:      Tue, 14 Apr 1998 15:44:24 -0400
From:      "Jung, Michael" <mikej@finall.com>
To:        "'freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   arplookup

1st: Is this output from "dmesg" _ daily security files

arplookup 172.20.1.79 failed: host is not on local network
arplookup 172.20.1.79 failed: host is not on local network

Is this telling me "I got a pack from 172.20.1.79" but I couldn't
arp and get a mac address?

2nd - I'm curious where the registration figures (25000 users) came
from.  I'm not registered - mainly because
I don't recall ever seeing where/how to become registered.  I even poked
around www.freebsd.org
looking for it - maybe if from the main www page _OR_ during the install
process it said "register FreeBSD now" the numbers would grow - (hope
I'm not totally blind here)

3rd - On a little ol box at home that I put through a lot of stress it
appeared to me I could no longer create
new processes.  Their were ~170 running at the time.  messages logged
where

proc: table is full
proc: table is full

Needless to say I was not out of swap, and the filesystem where /proc
resides had over 1GB free space.
I was trying to install new apps from /usr/ports as "root" when this
occurred.

TIA --mikej
Michael Jung (WD4ARM)
mjung@npc.net