Date:      Fri, 25 Jan 2002 17:09:27 -0500
From:      "Doug Reynolds" <mav@wastegate.net>
To:        "FBSD Questions" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
Subject:   Re: Apache_FP ?

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 15:31:55 -0500, Joe & Fhe Barbish wrote:

>Can Apache_FrontPage have both apache web sites and FrontPage
>web sites in the same base apache server?

yes.  the root web spawns from the / dir for frontpage.

your user accounts go under www.website.com/~username/

it defaults to public_html, if you want to change it, search for
userdir under the httpd.conf

you can access the root web frontpage or from /usr/local/www/data (i
believe).

you can't, however, make www.website.com/~username/ accessable by
frontpage.  you have to ftp the files in.

you can also use virtual hosts to point to different directories under
the fp structure.

>Is there an admin interface to apache to automate the
>creation and deletion of web sites?

it is:

/usr/local/frontpage/version4.0/bin/fpsrvadm.exe

>Can Apache_FP have directory based web sites that would be
>accessed by a url of this type http://www.domain.com/dir_name or
>http://www.domain.com/tom.index  where domain points to the
>apache server and (dir_name and tom.index) point to the
>individual web sites inside the Apache server? If so can I see
>a sample of the definition statements?

answered above

>Will doing a make deinstall on apache port will it also remove
>all the web site definitions and data?

shouldn't delete anything, but it'll kill the conf.

>Read all the apache & FrontPage doc's on FBSD. Looking for a
>how-to-do doc, does anybody know of any?

none that i found, except for the default docs that apache installs.
it will also point to microsofts front pages server extention info page
---
doug reynolds | the maverick | mav@wastegate.net

PGP Public Key Fingerprint: 6E7B 9993 B503 6D45  E33A 2019 26E5 C1DB