Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 2000 12:54:09 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>
To:        Reverend K Kanno <presence@churchofinformationwarfare.org>
Cc:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>, David Miller <dmiller@sparks.net>, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: LUN 1 on 3.2-R?

>> > The aic7xxx driver has supported luns for several years now.  It is
>> > also known to work with Chapparal controllers.  If you can be more
>> > specific about your issues, we might be able to help.
>
>The driver itself may have, but not all aic7xxx based cards do. I suggest to
>anybody who has weird problems with any device that uses LUNs and not just ID
>to get an off the shelf adaptec 29160 card with a 2.57 or later BIOS and try
>with that. Not all mylex/buslogic, Symbios/LSI Logic, Adaptec or OEMed Adaptec
>cards work properly.
>
>KEN

The only difference between talking to lun 0 and talking to a lun other
than 0 is software.  FreeBSD will probe higher luns on any chip shpported
by the aic7xxx driver.  In other words, unless there is a physical defect
that prevents the chip from talking to targets in general, multi-lun
support is available regardless of whether the chip is on the motherboard
or on a PCI card.

--
Justin