Date:      Thu, 16 Feb 1995 11:12:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      william pechter ILEX <pechter@stars.sed.monmouth.army.mil>
To:        pechter@halley.stars.sed.monmouth.army.mil (william pechter ILEX)
Cc:        FreeBSD-hackers@wcarchive.cdrom.com (FreeBSD-hackers)
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 1.1.5.1 memory errors

> It now seems that removing the MACHVMCOMPAT line from my configuration
> fixed my 486 signal 11's.  This worked ok with my 386 but not the
> 486.
>
> It seems the sig 11's are now gone from 1.1.5.1 patch 22.
>
> Hope this helps others tracking the problem.
>
> This may be why it's so elusive.
>
> Bill

A followup -- so far -- so good.  I've only seen one core -- from cron
at about boot time.  The machine's building the 1.1.5.1 kernel again
and if that runs clean I'll reload all the source and make world as
a test.

Bill

 Bill Pechter |Systems Administrator  |
 Ilex Systems |170 Patterson Ave      | Shrewsbury, New Jersey 07702
 908-532-2943 |pechter@sesd.ilex.com  | pechter@stars.sed.monmouth.army.mil