Date:      Thu, 6 Sep 2012 15:27:36 -0700
From:      Jack Vogel <jfvogel@gmail.com>
To:        Harald Schmalzbauer <h.schmalzbauer@omnilan.de>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: intel 82579 nic support?

82579 is not a NIC, its a PHY, and it you look at the current code you will
see the support
is in there. So the real question is what the actual NIC is, how about a
pciconf -lv?

Next, how are you trying "to pass through the device into my FreeBSD VM",
what is
the virtualization environment.

Widely spread, uh ya, but not virtualized, so tell me more about the
environment.

Jack