Date:      Thu, 19 May 2005 18:24:21 +0200
From:      Oliver Lehmann <lehmann@ans-netz.de>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: K8T890 where everything works?

Mike Harding wrote:

> I am looking for a new motherboard/system with PCI-E, socket 939
> processor.  Can anyone recommend a low-hassle motherboard where
> everything (LAN, built-in audio) works?  Or mention boards which don't
> work?  I've removed the Nforce chipsets and the ASUS 890 board from
> consideration because I never want another chipset fan.  The candidates
> available from NewEgg are (in order by price):
>
> Gigabyte GA-K8VT890-9 (reported to not support 4G)
> Soltek SL-K890Pro-939 (no parallel port.

IIRC there is a slot adapter for parallel port, but i might be wrong
(anyway - do you need one?) Regarding to the hardware I picked out the
soltek bourd to be the best which should work (Sound+LAN - both realtek)
I just was not able to get my hands on a soltek board here in .de - so I
now ordered an older board with VIA-AGP chipset

--
 Oliver Lehmann
  http://www.pofo.de/