Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2012 06:31:44 -0500
From:      Mark Felder <feld@feld.me>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipv6 connection hang

Hi all,

mwi1# uname -a
FreeBSD mwi1.coffeenet.org 9.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 9.1-PRERELEASE #5
r239731: Mon Aug 27 09:53:18 CDT 2012
root@mwi1.coffeenet.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

My ipv6 connections hang for several seconds when this scrub rule is
enabled:

scrub all reassemble tcp no-df random-id

This really agitates my browser and email client making them nearly
useless at times. Disabling that rule makes ipv6 connections respond
instantly as expected. Is this a known regression? My network interface is
using the re(4) driver.

Thanks!