Date:      Sun, 30 Jun 1996 13:36:12 -0500
From:      Randy Terbush <randy@zyzzyva.com>
To:        Kent Hamilton <kenth@hns.st-louis.mo.us>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPFW Wish List Item

Not to belittle the work that Poul and others have put into IPFW,
I can't help but ask, "Why reinvent the wheel?"

Darren Reed has done a great job pulling together ip_filter. As near
as I can tell it offers every feature that IPFW does as well as NAT and
many other features that are being requested for addition to IPFW.

Again, my comments are not intended to take away from the effort that
has been put into IPFW. It just seems that there is another option
available that could only be made better by making it the standard
packet filter for FreeBSD. It already sports many of the features